Wednesday, April 27, 2011

About a Muslimah


 الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
 


In the name of Allah the beneficent, the Merciful
 


Thoughts and Actions of a Free Muslimah
A Wish, A Thought, A Reminder
 


I am a Muslimah! And I see the world from behind this veil! The life of this world is a 'cage' for me as I can't bypass the boundaries set for me by my Lord. Yet, I view my self as the most 'free'. Strange are the matters of a believer. There are those who claim to be totally free from divine injunctions; in my eyes they are slaves of the self, social customs and worldly traditions. And there are also those who claim to be believers and yet they weigh the divine injunctions parallel with logical, worldly and material 'ifs' and 'buts' because they are yet to experience the true sweetness of Imaan. They are still 'connected' and they cannot experience what it is like to be free. Isn't it the real FREEDOM to have no God beside Allah to worship? No vision other than a global Islamic state? No Social and Worldly traditions to drive you? A simple way to life: "Follow Allah and His Messenger ".
 


This is what sets me free from the slavery of mankind, and lifts me to the Most High! I am free because I have to follow only One True God! And I am free in a way, you may never know! I am a Muslimah, a complete slave of ALLAH!
 


"I am a Muslim Woman
So please don't pity me
For God has guided me to truth
And now I'm finally free!"
 


The thing that makes me different from all others is that my priority lies in what ALLAH has ordained, not otherwise. I see things from the view of Islam-the way ALLAH has selected for me! This is what defines my actions, my thoughts, my motivations, my vision and my life. For me nothing goes out of Islam, and nothing out of Islam, bothers me. AlhamduLILLAH!
 


My Love:
They view me as enslaved and oppressed because their love lies in this world, and as my love lies beyond this world, I am not bound to the customs of this world. I am not afraid of anyone but Him, I am not bound to anyone, but Him, I am not to please anyone, but Him, I am not to do anything, but what He wants me to do, I do not have to follow anyone, but His Prophet s.a.w. I am free in a different way. Love of ALLAH drives my life, and love of ALLAH describes it. For it is true that the one you love is the only one you want to pleased, I do not have to please anyone except Him, thus His love is what I strive for, and this is what defines my vision and way of life.

 And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah. But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah.
(Surah Al Baqarah 2:165)
 


My Vision; My Mission:
As a Muslimah, my vision is described by the doctrine I follow, i.e. Islam. The ultimate aim of a Muslim is to establish the rule of ALLAH on His earth.
"What is purpose of human life but to realise the potential of khalifate-Allah."
To have a vision, means to work for a desirable future. Thus I am an activist, having a set mission; my activities are defined by my vision of a global Islamic state. In sha ALLAH.
 


I am only one;
But still I am one;
I can't do everything
But! Still I can do something
I will not refuse to do
The something I can do!
 


From Muslimah to Mujahidah:
When I became a Muslimah, this was the point I started my struggle-the Jihad, it always starts as self-purification (jihad-bin-nafs) but it ends on purifying the whole society. This term-Jihad is the most disturbing and threatening to those who are followers of Taghoot or who are self-indulged. Yet it's the most inspiring thing for people like me. Jihad is more than a temporary injunction and it is not concerned only with the defense of the borders, it is the ultimate method of achieving the aim of our vision i.e. the establishment of ALLAH's rule.
Thus I am a Mujahidah, striving in ALLAH's way, struggling for a global Islamic state. This is the mission ALLAH's Khalifah has to accomplish in sha ALLAH. And what honor could be more than the honor of shahadah?
 


Surely, Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their property in return for the Garden they shall have; they fight in the cause of Allah, and they slay and are slain
(Surah At Tawbah 9:111)
 


From Muslimah to Muhsinah:
I strive for excellence (Ihsan) in my actions. Ihsan, which means excellence, is the spiritual essence of Islam:
And it is described as:


"To worship Allah (swt); (live for Allah (SWT)) as though you're seeing Him"
And seeing Him is not possible from these very eyes, that you and I have--but even then I try to see Him, from the eyes through which He is visible to me, from the eyes which see things beyond their physical appearance, the eye of my Ruh-the Nur of ALLAH, this is the light that guides me through the dark times of my life. This is the light that is showing me what most people can't see. The Nur of ALLAH is only visible through these spiritual eyes.
 


"And those who strive and struggle in Us to reach Me, We will guide them to the ways and to the Path (through which they can reach Allah).  And surely Allah is with those who pursue the struggle of al‐Ihsan"
(Surah Al‐'Ankabut 29:69)

My Ideals :
I am not fascinated by uncovered cover-paper girls but I idealize the beauty of modesty of Maryam AS. I don't dream myself a princess in high palaces, but I frequently dream myself a mujahidah like Khawla RA. I don't want layers of protection that affect my dynamism, but I seek the path of constant struggle set by Aishah RA. I don't wish to burden myself with my own pains and troubles, but I want to be an Islamic Counselor like Khadijah RA. I don't want to live a riskless life, I want my feet to get dirty in the path of Allah like Asma RA. I don't want to die a natural death, I want to die in His path, working for the supremacy of his Kalimah, like Sumayyah RA.

Love for ALLAH—Hate for ALLAH:
My love is not for any person or place, my love is not worldly, and it's neither limited nor it is mortal, for I love ALLAH, the Eternal, and the Most High. And this primary love defines the path of love and hatred for me. It is ALLAH, for whom I love someone, and if I hate anyone, I have the same reason for it. All my relations are defined by the Love of ALLAH. I befriend with those who are God-fearing and I am an enemy of those who are arrogant of ALLAH's commands:
Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoever does this has no connection with Allah unless you are guarding yourselves against them as a precaution. Allah bids you to beware of Himself. And to Allah is the journeying.
(Surah Ale Imran 3:28)



Mujahidah- Running a Family:
After being ALLAH's slave I am a woman who has a family and children. I am a wife, supporting my husband in every matter and encouraging him to sacrifice whatever is needed for our mission. I am also a mother, and like every woman, I too have aims for my children but these aims do not revolve around the worldly goals rather final goal. I instill in them the passion for D'awah, the urge for Shahadah and the courage to sacrifice anything for the betterment of their Aakhirah. I pray for the Shahadah of my husband and my children in ALLAH's way, and I hope from ALLAH, that on the day of resurrection I will enter Jannah along with them In sha ALLAH.



Trials—A Workshop:
This life, which is a trial itself, is surrounded by hardships, especially for those striving for paradise:
Anas bin Maalik reported: "The paradise is surrounded by hardships and the Hell-Fire is surrounded by temptations." (Sahih Muslim)
But it is ALLAH, to Whom I turn both in the times of trials and satisfaction. And I try to find solutions in Salah and Sabr, as these are the two weapons to fight with, during hardships.
These trials are nothing more than a blessing in disguise, as they train me for the ultimate fight of kufr and Islam in sha ALLAH.
And indeed when Tawakkal ala
ALLAH accompanies faith, no problem remains a problem:
What problems can trouble me?
When I am one of the Mutawakkileen!
 


Worldly Temptations; Follow the Mid Way:
Worldly temptations like fashion, new home, designer clothes etc, etc, are the things mostly women are attracted to, and in fact distracted with. Home, being the main focus of a woman, causes materialism to creep into their hearts. Yet Islam teaches me "the mid way" and it does not let me go to either of the extremes of Bukhl or Israaf.
Its not that my home is not my preference, like all other women it is my paradise but I do not need materials to decor my home. I beautify it with love, care, affection, devotion, Islamic values and remembrance of ALLAH.
 


Looking beyond Personal Problems; Prioritizing Issues:
In this materialistic world, personal life problems are inevitable. And most people are surrounded by them always. Women being the supervisor of their homes; face domestic problems that may be physical, psychological or stress related, these problems keep them occupied to the level that their home and its management becomes their only mission. But these things are of trivial importance in front of the true vision, and true mission of a global Islamic state, those women who have set their aims according to this vision deem all these worldly and materialistic problems as useless or not worth spending time. It is a matter of prioritizing your life issues, for I prioritize my life according to their importance in Aakhirah. Alhamdulillah.

 Care for Muslims and Humanity:
Being a Muslimah, striving for the betterment of the society is one of my obligations. Fulfilling social responsibilities to the utmost level of self-sacrifice, and not seeking any thanks or returns from anyone except ALLAH is part of my Iman. I am committed to the d'awah movement i.e. spreading the word of Islam, not only to non-Muslims but also spreading the true meaning of Islam to born Muslims. I have dedicated myself to Islam and the Islamization of the society.
And yes I am not alone. I am in a group of slaves of Allah who have found a reason to die for, and Allah has promised His aid for those who work for Him as a team.
Oh ALLAH, We are weak. Raise our status; and make us secure our dignity and honor and accept from us our good deeds!
Oh ALLAH! It is You! Whose pleasure we wish for! It is you whose path we try to follow!
Oh ALLAH, we want to submit our whole selves to You! Please make us among those who submit themselves to you completely!
Oh ALLAH! There is no guidance except your guidance! Please guide us all to the path of those whom You love and who incurred your blessings!
Oh ALLAH, make our hearts free of al-wahn! Free us from the love of this Duniya, and the hatred of death!
Oh ALLAH! Free us from the enslavement of vain desires and material wants and rise us to Your slavery!
Oh the Most Merciful of those who show mercy! Show us the clear path, the path of those whom you love and the path of those who love You!
Oh ALLAH ! Show us the reality of things as they are. Show the truth as truth to us and make us follow it.
Oh ALLAH! Accept us in Your way! Oh ALLAH! Enlist our names in the list of Shuhadah!
Oh ALLAH! Raise us as Shuhadah on the day of resurrection!
Oh ALLAH!

The Mujahida of this article is surely not me,

but that is what indeed want I to be

Make easy for me this bumpy ride

Oh my dear ALLAH! You be my guide!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment